Q. How do I setup my departmental email account so that I can monitor and use it easily ?
There are several steps involved:
With your departmental account:
1. Log into your departmental email account via nmail.neiu.edu.
2. Lick on the gear icon and select Settings.
3. Click on Accounts and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
4. In the section 'Grant Access to your account', click on 'Add another Account'
5. A new window will appear. Type in your email address or the email address of the person(s) you wish to give access to. click on Next Step.
6. Click on "Send Email to Grant Access."
An email will be sent to the individual. They will be required to respond to the email in order for the access to be granted.
Then, with your individual email account:
2. There should be an email from the departmental account. Click on the link wihtin the email to accept and acknowledge receipt. A confirmation message should be received.
3. It then takes about 30 minutes or so for this to be configured on the Google side. Log out after 30 minutes or so from your account, and then log back into your personal account.
4. In the upper right hand corner, you will see your email address and a small down arrow. Click on the down arrow.
5. The new departmental account(s) should appear. Click on the departmental account and a new tab will be opened with the departmental emails.